THE WORD: Not to us, LORD, not to us, but to Your name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness. Why do the nations say, “Where is their God?” Our God is in heaven; He does whatever pleases Him…All you Israeli’s, trust in the LORD – He is your help and shield.” Taken from Psalm 115
- If the Church opposes Israel, are they opposing God? AS PLO President Mahmoud Abbas once again asks the UN to recognize Palestinian statehood, action is needed by all intercessors. Please pray into this situation seeking God for a breakthrough against this plan to destroy the Jewish heartland – Judea and Samaria.
- Sderot, the town we believe is only surviving because of our intercession has made the news again this week due to Palestinian terrorist attacks. We must not let up “give God no rest reminding Him of His promises” as we continue to pray for the families of Sderot. They need healing and restoration in every area of their lives. Pray for the ministries who ‘minister’ to them. God’s heart is for all who suffer – and we believe He works in all circumstances.
- Pray that in the midst of the pressures, the people of Israel will turn to the Lord God. In Isaiah 30:19 it is written, “He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry. When He hears it, He will answer.” We know God will hear their heart cries and have mercy.
- Pray that the nation of Israel would have a clear vision of what God has called them to be, and that the strong resolute spirit of the Jewish people would enable them to see the Lord God at work within them.
- Pray that the Lord will pour out His Spirit upon Israel – especially upon the young people so that that His works can be declared to future generations.
Please note there is a considerable Iranian military presence within Iraq (US Troops were moved out of Iraq end of 2011) which commands significant political influence. Please see www.onejerusalem.org of April 16, 2012 for full report on this issue, making the many points a matter of intercession. Meanwhile, suffice it to say right here, and I quote: ‘ that as much as Washington will still try to control events in a country where its army once ruled, it will have to recognize that, unfortunately, Iran, at present, is emerging as the dominant power in Baghdad, which will ultimately influence what strategic objectives the Iraqi Army will serve along Israel’s eastern front.’
Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem,
Taken in part from CFI Jerusalem and UK